Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sunset 5K

Yeah, I finished the race. I ran with C for about 2.5 miles and then she told me to go and finish. She was struggling a bit and didn't want to slow me down. I was able to run strong at the end because we took most of the race slow and we even took a pit stop at a friends house for some water and pictures. I finished in 34:41!! C finished at 37:18.

I didn't realize how much fun a race would be. The excitement of all the other runners and just being around all of those people who love to do what you do. I look forward to another race.

I am thinking about a 10k in October, but I know I will need a running partner. C doesn't plan on running longer distances than what she already has. So I will need to find someone else. On Saturday mornings the local running store has a running club, but I admit I am nervous about going. Its intimidating to me. I will probably call the store first to get more info and then decide what to do. I know I need the motivation from other people to keep myself going. It is hard by myself.

No comments: