Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Terrified

So yeah, I ran another 6 miles today. It was tough and I know that if I want to run farther I will need help. So, I already put on my calendar the next group run on Saturday so I make sure I get there. I will need help to go 7 miles.

Today I also drove about a 7 mile route that encompasses the last 6 miles or so of the March Madness half marathon. Holy Hills is all I can say! They are more like mountains. A couple are straight up, I might as well try running up a wall. This race is going to be really tough. I have to finish on 3 hours, which is a 13:45 pace. I don't know if I can do it.

I plan on running the 7 mile route a few times before the race, but are there any workouts I can do at home on my strength days to help prepare my legs for the hills? Any hill advice you can give will be greatly appreciated! Oh and any prayers. I think I will need that too.

2 comments:

Running Mommy said...

there are some great hill workouts for the treadmill on the fitness magazine website. i also find that a good spin class is helpful as well! good luck! I am planning a 7 mile run this week as well...hopefully i will survive!

Run Mommy said...

You just have to get out there and do it. Once you have a few under your belt - confidence goes way up!