Friday, January 30, 2009

Girls Night Out

I totally had the best run last night. It was about 3.5 miles and I ran with a group of girls from the local running store. We had a blast! It felt great to get out with other runners for a change. I have been a lonely runner lately. It was a nice change of pace. The soup they served afterwards was amazing also. I will share the recipe as soon as I get it. It was awesome!

Tomorrow I will be meeting up with the Saturday morning group. They run about 6 miles. My long run this weekend is 8, so I was thinking I might run the two miles there and have my hubby pick me up after the run. Hopefully that works out, but you never know since he has to drag the kids around with him. Plus I can very easily talk myself out of runs, so I will probably just drive there for the 6 miler and call it a day. I need to train with a drill sargent who will kick my butt. Anybody know a good one?

2 comments:

Run Mommy said...

Good idea to get out there with a group - especially for the long runs. Whenever I go by myself, I nearly always bail out early :)

Marathonman101108 said...

Don't bail out early! Always remember that you're only cheating yourself, plus I will nag you...lol.