Saturday, September 5, 2009

Almost There

23 days and counting! This baby will definetly be born on September 28th (I am having a c-section). I am so glad I am counting down the days now instead of weeks. The household is busy getting ready for the new baby, my girls are very excited to meet their new brother and I am excited just to be almost done.

My doctor and I already were talking about me getting back to running. He let me know I have only gained 25lbs with this pregnancy (yeah me!), so I wont have to worry about weight loss. I am already starting on planning my running routine. I will definitely be taking it slow. I am going to start with yoga and some short runs around the block a few weeks after the baby is born. Then I will just gradually add more as I feel ready. It stinks that I will be starting to run again in the fall. I dread the winter runs that will follow.

My sister asked me if I wanted to run the Hot Chocolate 5k in Chicago again, but it is the first week in November and I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of carting a new baby in to the city. I haven't decided 100% yet though. They do have the best goodie bag ever and I wouldn't mind the new running jacket.

Anyways....time to get back to work. I hope everyone is training well and good luck to all of you running in the upcoming marathons!

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

AMAZING to be so close to having baby #3..we toy with talking about the 3rd...if we knew we would have a GIRL we would but just not sure..

Hang in there!! Thanks for adding to my list of Followers :)