Friday, January 8, 2010

This is My Year

Hello Everyone!

It has been a very long time, but I am happily back to running. This is my year to accomplish everything I didn't do last year.
Baby #3 was born on September 21st and after taking lots of time to recover (a little too much) I have started thinking about me and getting my running shoes back on. Here are my goals for the year.....

1.) By new running shoes. I did this one already. They are pretty, Nike Livestrong ones, I almost don't want to get them dirty. :) They are comfy though, and I have put a few miles on them already.

2.) Run a half marathon. This week I started a 19 week training program to get me there. It will be the Chicago Spring Half on May 16th. I am looking forward to it, but I am a little nervous about how close it is. I know the time will go by fast. The training program is for beginners and takes things slow. The long run this weekend is only 2 miles and I know I can do that. By the end of the month I will be up to 4 miles.

3.) Run the Chicago Marathon. I thankfully have 10 months to train, but I know I have to be serious about my training already. I have decided to run for a charity. I am debating between the American Cancer Society or Imerman Angels. I lost my Dad to cancer last year and my Husband's Uncle is very ill from cancer right now and would like to run in their honor.

4.) Enjoy running. This one will be more difficult then running a marathon.

Run on friends, I will let you know how my "long" run went on Sunday. :)

1 comment:

Rookie on the Run said...

It's good to have you back! We all need that time off to recover from stuff... and what better reason to recover than having a baby?! Congratulations!

Your plans sound great... I look forward to reading how they work out for you.