Wednesday, February 3, 2010

248 Days Away

I officially signed up for the Chicago Marathon today!!!  Yeah!! I am really excited, but I have to wait 248 days to actually run it.  I am excited though, so hopefully that excitement will stay with me for the next 9 months. 

The kiddies have slowly been getting better so I didn't feel too guilty going out for a run yesterday and today.  Yesterday's run was only a mile on the treadmill and today was two miles outside.  Both went pretty well (really how hard can 1 mile be?).  I am proud of myself for getting out there though.  I always look for excuses to skip a run and I didn't let myself do it.  I adjusted my schedule to allow for a run today because I know I won't get the chance tomorrow and I know I need to do that more often.  I won't be able to keep a consistent schedule, I will need to adjust with my schedule.  Being a Mom of three kids I will need to do that often.

This weekend is a family trip to the Wisconsin Dells so there shouldn't be a problem getting Fridays run in.  Sundays long run might have to be on a treadmill (oh the horror!).  I am pretty sure there is more snow on the ground up there compared to here so I will have to see if I can find a clear running path.

Hapy Running!

5 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

Hey Stephanie, aka Running Mom...long time no comment. Chicago? Wow, you don't mess around when signing up for a marathon. Good for you. I'll be following you via bloggerland, so you better train hard or I will nag you!

Teamarcia said...

Good for you for signing up! I will be there too!

Running Diva Mom said...

Congrats on signing up for Chicago. I did in 2008 and is my only M to date. It was a totally wonderful experience for me and the crowd support was awesome!

Which resort are you going to in the Dells? We love Kalahari and The Wilderness. Different experiences, but equally as awesome.

Good luck with your training!

Tricia said...

whooohooo congrats!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers said...

That's so exciting!! I hate having to wait such a long time for a race...I always want to start training the day I sign up haha