Saturday, January 30, 2010

Not Running

I have been a terrible runner lately!  Last week I did not run at all and this week wasn't much better.
 I think I have a decent excuse last week.  I was sick for a couple of days and then we had my sons baptism on Sunday.  I really intended on my long run on Sunday, but when I woke up and realized I still hadn't finished the cake, I knew I had to skip the run.  I didn't feel too guilty as I ate all the yumminess!  I need to learn how to post pics on here so you can see all the yummy chocolate that was on it.

By Monday the dog ate all the leftover cake and I was ready for a run.  It has been frigid out here so I went to the gym and only ran 1.25 miles.  It was packed, people were waiting, and I honestly did not feel like being there.  I missed going outside for my run.   I haven't had the chance to go back out for a run, with sick kids, work, and my husband having class at my normal run times, I couldn't make it.  I feel terrible, I really do, but I will do my long run tomorrow.  I don't care how cold it is, I will be outside.  I just can't run 3 miles on a treadmill.  It would be the end of me. 

Since registration for the Chicago Marathon opens on Monday, my brother asked me if I was doing it with him and if I had the guts.  I said yes to both and then asked him if he had the guts to run with a really slow runner.  He won't be setting any PR's with me. 

Well I need to go "run" now and be a Mom.  I hear a snotty nose kid calling my name.  Why did all 3 get sick at the same time? 

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hang in there. It is tough sometimes to find the WANT but you will. Make it a daily habit and you will feel lost without it.. Set small goals and rewards. Chicago would be GREAT