Sunday, March 14, 2010

Loving the Long Runs

So I am a really bad blogger lately.  Things have been busy!  But I am keeping up with the training.  Today was a 6 mile long run.   It was a great run.  Ran the first 3 miles in the wind.  I honestly didn't think I would make the whole run, but the wind pushed me after the turn around point and I made great time.  I was about 1 minute faster per mile this week than last week when I only ran 5 miles. 

62 days until the half marathon and I am getting really excited.  I am finally starting to feel like I will be ready for it.  I think its because the weather is nicer and I don't have to run on the terrible treadmill anymore!!  Next weeks long run is 7 miles and I am looking forward to it!!!

2 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

If you're up to 6 mile runs with 62 days to go before your half, then you'll be more than ready! Congrats on sticking to your planned 6 miler.

Excellent Half Marathon Adventures said...

Congrats! I'll be at the Chicago Spring Half too!

Jenn