Saturday, April 3, 2010

Feeling Bad.

Last weekend I did an 8 mile long run.  It was the farthest I have ever run before!!!!  I was quite proud of myself.  It did take me forever though, it was very windy and there were lots of hills.  I have to start going the other direction on the trail now so I can avoid all those hills.  It was a nice route though, it goes through pine woods that are nice and shady.  Perfect for the hot days! 

I also had some pain in my right leg and ankle too, so I walked a lot of it.  I didn't want to cause an injury.  I ran a couple of times since then and the pain is still there.  I have a 9 mile long run scheduled tomorrow but I think I need to skip it.  I am sure I need to take a little time off.  I was thinking about using the bike and the eliptical for a few days and then go out for a short run on Tuesday and see how it feels.  Hopefully it is gone buy then.  Next weekend I have a 10 mile long run.  If the pain is gome by then, do I just go ahead and do the 10 miler even though I skipped the 9?  What else can I do to make the ankle feel better?  What would you do?

2 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

Ice is the cure-all! Take Ibuprofen also. My doctor said in the case of extreme pain, such as yours, take 4 instead of 2. As far as the training, don't worry about missing the 9 miler. Run the 10 when you're feeling better. However, if the pain doesn't get better, go see your doctor. Ignoring pain doesn't work. Trust me on that one! Good Luck.

Excellent Half Marathon Adventures said...

Ice, ice baby! I agree with Marathonman, don't overdo it. I speak from experience. Congrats on the 8 mile but take care of yourself!

Jenn