Sunday, November 30, 2008

I promise to be good

Yes, I have been a bad little blogger. Life is crazy, but I have been running. I just haven't been writing about it.

Today I ran 5 miles, my farthest distance ever. It was a great run and 5 hours later I still feel great. The knees hurt a lttle bit, but I think I just need to get off my bum and walk around more. I know that getting into longer distances is going to require some help. So I emailed a local running club about having a test run with them and I hope to hear back from them soon.

It has been a little harder getting out to run lately. I am an outside runner. I am not a fan of the treadmill. It gets dark so early now though so I really have no choice, thankfully I can do my long runs outside. I really don't think I could have run 5 miles on a treadmill. It would have been dreadful.

Also, my brother encouraged me to join athlinks.com. Have any of you joined? The site keeps track of all the races you have run and you can track friends and even rivals. I look forward to more races being entered on my page. I only have 3 races right now. If any of you join and want to be friends on the site just let me know.

Ok, well I should get moving now before my legs fall asleep. I promise to be good about writing more. No more bad blogger for me.

1 comment:

Run Mommy said...

5 miles - that's excellent! I really have to get better at thinking in miles if I want to chat with my American blog friends..I only think in km's. :)