Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kids and Running

Last weekend I ran in the Hot Chocolate 5k. I did pretty decent for having a bad cold. 33:44, faster than my last 5k.

What bugged me though was when I was looking at the results. Now first let me say I have no problem with older kids running. I think its a great family thing you can do together as long as you are not having your kid run a marathon. My problem was the results for the 5 year old girl. Come on, she is still a little girl! My four year old loves to "run" with Mommy. She usually runs a few blocks and then she is ready to sit in the jogging stroller. I can't imagine her running 3 miles. Maybe I am just picky, but I think 5 is too young for a race. (Especially when it costs $40).


Tomorrow is the Girls on the Run 5K. I am super excited and can't wait to help someone finish their goal. I know it will be fun, just really cold. Hopefully it doesn't snow.

1 comment:

Run Mommy said...

Hey there! Found on Marathon mama. I hope there will be more posts as I love to read moms who run!