Saturday, November 1, 2008

Running and Coughing

My dreaded October cough is here. You can set your clock to it, every October and March I get the worse cough ever!! I get huge coughing fits and I can't sleep at night because all I am doing is coughing.

I am especially sad about it this year because tomorrow I run the Hot Chocolate 5k. Thankfully I only signed up for the 5k, I almost did the 15k. The race is in Chicago, so my daughter and I are taking the train in to spend the night at my sisters condo. She is running it with me. I have given up on getting a PR for this race. My sister has a goal of 45 minutes so I will probably just run/walk with her. I haven't run in a week and I am soooooo tired. Hopefully all the chocolate at the end of the race will make my cough go away. I am also glad that the weather will be nice. The weather should be in the 50's.

Any advice on getting rid of this cough would be greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

NB said...

This might help- spoon of honey and spoon of juice of ginger.u can get ginger root at the grocery. Keep yourself warm-cover your head, throat, hands and feet.