Monday, February 2, 2009

Lazy, Excuse Maker, Whiner

Yep, that is all me. I didn't run at all this weekend. I was too lazy to run 8 miles. I didn't want to run 6 miles with the group because I knew no one would want to run as slow as me. I whined about running (in my head) all weekend. I used the excuse of how busy this weekend was also. I have to stop it! I am getting really bad.

I did hit the eliptical this morning. I really wish I had a treadmill at home. I also ran up and down the stairs 25 times (to help build my muscles for those hills) and I did some core work. I guess that is good right? I know its not enough to help me with the half marathon though. I have to run. I have to run. I have to run. (I keep repeating that to myself.) Ok, so I will stop whining out loud now. My next chance to run is Wednesday night. I will be talking myself in to it for the next two days.

7 comments:

Run Mommy said...

If you make it part of the day it is difficult to ignore the nagging message in your head! :)

Marathonman101108 said...

Stephanie (lovely name-same as my daughters!)
Be thankful you CAN run when and if you want to right now. OK, 41 days to go until the half marathon. If you won't run for yourself, then run for me, Run Mommy, and anyone else you'll feel accountable to. Now, NO EXCUSES on Wednesday. Go out and run, go out and run, go out and run...the thought of having to run is always worse than the actual run. I'm looking forward to reading your report on Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Ok, now I wish I didn't read your comment marathonman. I will run for you. I was actually thinking of taking each mile and dedicating it to someone as I ran. You can pick whatever mile you want. You too Run Mommy. Just let me know.

Marathonman101108 said...

Stephanie,
Here's what you can do. Dedicate whatever mile is your goal for the day to me. So, if you're planning on running 8 miles, for example, then dedicate mile 8 to me. Then you can't quit until you've run "my mile." Yes, I'm a nag, but it's a good kind of nagging.

Unknown said...

I like a good nag. Today, mile 8 is for you. I will report how it goes.

Marathonman101108 said...

I'm limited to running 1 1/2 miles today...I'll dedicate them ALL to you. LOL :-)

Marathonman101108 said...

ummm, you quit running??