Friday, February 20, 2009

A Bit of A Break

So it has been about two weeks since I last ran. I was really sick. It was a terrible cold followed by nauseau that would not go away. I couldn't move without thinking about getting sick, it was terrible. I had to go to the doctor, I just couldn't figure it out. Well, surprise!!! I'm pregnant again. It was totally unexpected so I never even thought of being pregnant when I was so nauseaus, but now it all makes sense.

I saw my OB yesterday and she ok'd running, she even encouraged it. I can't do the half marathon though. She doesn't want me to be training for any new distances, she just wants me to stick with what I already have done. So I will still do the 8k at the end of March, that I am excited about. I am still pretty sick, so I am not sure when I will head out on the road again. Maybe in a few days and I will probably start out with a short distance, just to see how I feel afterwards. I am grateful that I have an OB that doesn't mind that I run. I will keep you updated on how everything goes and whenever I get my next run in.

On Wednesday I get to go to my first ultrasound to see how far along I am. I can't wait to see that little dot on the screen. :)

Happy Running everyone!

3 comments:

Run Mommy said...

Wow! That's great! How many children do you have now? I think running during pregnancy is great. I did it the first time and gained hardly any weight and lost it all really quick. I didn't do it the second time after a car accident at 20 weeks and I gained 70 pounds and still working on the last 20 - almost 4 years later. :)

Marathonman101108 said...

Congratulations!! OK, I forgive you for not running...and I thought you were being a slacker! Keep us updated about your running and of course your first ultrasound. :-)

Running Mommy said...

Congrats! What a great surprise! Hope you feel better soon!