Monday, January 11, 2010

My First Long Run

Yesterday I had my first long run of the year.  It was only two miles,but it was tough.  It is hard getting back in to shape. 

It was below zero in the morning so I went to the gym.  I was ready to quit after the first half mile, but I kept trudging along. I really dislike running on the treadmill. I stopped after the first mile for about 30 seconds to drink some water, I have never mastered the drink while running thing.  I didn't want to spill water on the fancy new treadmills.  Then I got back on and finished the second mile.  I kept my pace slow and finished in 25:38.    I am glad I finished and I awarded myself with chocolate milk.  I love chocolate milk so I make that my motivation to run.  I have some sitting in my refrigerator right now and it is so hard not to go and get some.  I even gave my girls some this morning without taking a sip. 

Today is a rest day so I will work on my core and probably use the eliptical later.  Right now though I have to go play with my kids!  Happy Monday Everyone!

1 comment:

EricaH said...

Good job pushing through,I recently became a fan of chocolate milk. :)