Saturday, May 1, 2010

15 Days and Counting

This has been a very bad running month.  There is only 15 days until the half marathon and I am starting to have some serious second thoughts about it.  I am in no way ready, all thoughts of having a good time are gone.  I think I will be run/walking the race.  I just have not been able to put the time in to my training.  April has been crazy.  I am hoping once school lets out, things will get better. 

I am debating switching to the 10k instead of the half marathon. What would you do?

1 comment:

Marathonman101108 said...

physically. My point being not to brag about myself, but to say that if your body and legs have run longer distances and races Stephanie,
If you've run long distances in the past year, then go for it with the half. I was injured and lost a month of training for the NY City Half Marathon this past March 23. My longest training run was 7 miles. But, I completed it, and didn't feel that bad afterward. If you've run long races and/or distances previously, then you should be able to pull it off. If not, then switch to the 10K. You still have two weeks to train. Try going out for a long, slow run, and see how far you can go. That will help you decide also (Duh!). Lastly, if you have to run/walk the half, that's not so bad either. Walk through the water stops, and run otherwise if possible. I hope this helped and didn't confuse you more!