Wednesday, May 12, 2010

4 More Days!!

I AM READY!!  I didn't switch to the 10k, I am sticking with the half marathon.  I know I can do it.  This past Sunday I went on a 10 mile run and felt great!  I would run 5 minutes and then walk 2.  At the race I may run the entire first mile (I don't want to feel silly stopping to walk so soon), but then I will fall into my run/walk pattern. I am very excited about doing it! This week has been dragging, so I am trying to get myself to calm down and relax a bit.  My daughter is really excited though too because she is running in the kids dash, so it has been a little hard to not be antsy for the weekend. 

I have a made a list of what I need to pack and have laid out all my gels and gatorade that I like to run with.  Saturday is going to be busy for us and I don't want to forget anything.  Trinity has t-ball in the early afternoon and then after a short break she has to test for her yellow belt in karate.  After that we will be able to drive to the city and enjoy a fun night visiting with my sister and brother in law.  I am very fortunate that their condo building is directly in front of the park where the half marathon starts. 

My goal for the race is 2:30.  I will post my update as soon as I can after the race.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Excellent Half Marathon Adventures said...

Good luck Stephanie! I'm rooting for you. I run my first half marathon in a week from Saturday. Can't wait and am nervous just like you. (Suzanne)

Teamarcia said...

Of course you can do it--you'll more than do it--you'll rock it! So excited for you--can't wait to read the full report. Enjoy it!

Excellent Half Marathon Adventures said...

Good luck Stephanie! I was actually supposed to do the Half, then I dropped down to the 10k, then I dropped down to nothing because my training has been non-existant lately. Trying to avoid injury again. But I picked up my shirt! LOL. Good luck, looks like you'll have great weather. (Jenn)

Marathonman101108 said...

I'm late with the "Good Luck" comment. So instead I'll say that I hope you did well. :-) Looking forward to a race report.