Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Midweek Update

As I said in my last post marathon training has officially begun.  Last weeks race fit in pretty well with the 36 week training program that my brother suggested I use.  Since I was so focused on the half marathon I never looked past race week.  I looked today and I have to run 14 miles!!  I think I was secretly hoping it would be an easy 8 miles or something close to that.  I have no doubt that I can do it. I just ran 13.1, what is another measly .9 miles?  I think my doubt is in running it by myself, it kinda scares me.

That fear has motivated me to finally join the running club, the application is going out in tomorrow's mail.  And I am going to save up to buy a forerunner.  I can't keep mapping out these distances before hand.  I mapped out a 7 mile out and back route on the trail and the 7 mile mark is at a great point where I can hopefully convince my husband to wait for me and give me some new supplies.   I might have to send in my kids with the puppy dog eyes to ask him.  :) 


Happy Hump day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I've been thinking of buying a garmin too. Having your husband meet you out with supplies is a good idea! I know some people suggest running by your house and have water waiting, but on hot days, I'd be too tempted to go in and sit down!